Two Ingredient Donuts
When Lockdown started, I was excited to try all the recipes! I dusted off my old recipe books, and thanks to Instagram and TikTok, I had another 100 new ideas I wanted to try. Fancy, hard, easy, rationfriendly, limited ingredients; it all!! But – I’ll be honest – the novelty wore off quickly and we were back to our normal meal recipes. And soon after that – as many of you can probably relate – I was so sick of making food for my family of six that we went to doing cereal for any meal of the day, 2 minute noodles, and eggs on toast. I’m finally focused again on feeding my family nutritional meals, but instead of going crazy, I am focusing on #RationFriendly recipes that I can add a little flair to.[In stepped Fair Cape Dairies]Fair Cape has challenged me to come up with a few #RationFriendly recipes that I can spice up for my family, using any of their products. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I decided to take some of my favourite go-to meal and snack recipes, and add a little fun to it!
- 1 cup Self- Raising Flour
- 3/4 cup Fair Cape Plain Yoghurt
- Oil for frying
- Mix the flour and the Fair Cape Plain Yoghurt together. It should be a stiff ball of dough.
- Scoop it into a piping bag, or a large ziplock bag, and cut off a little corner.
- Heat your oil on the stove in a large pan, or pot.
- Squeeze small amounts of the donut mixture from your bag into the very hot oil. (I used a pair of scissors to cut pieces off as they are squeezed out of my bag)
- Fry until they are a beautiful golden brown colour and place them on a piece of toweling paper to absorb any extra oil.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, or dip in melted chocolate!
DISCLAIMER: they are highly addictive and perfectly #rationfriendly! Recipe by: Mama to the Power of 4 www.mama4.co.za @mama_to_the_power_of_4