Who doesn't love a good scone? Saara loves them and called me while I was at work yesterday and asked for scones, so that’s what I made, using Amasi. These scones taste AMAZING if I say so myself. Just look at the height of them!
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp Castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 60 g Butter, chilled, chopped
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk or Fair Cape Dairies Amasi
- Extra buttermilk/Amasi, for brushing
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add butter.
- Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in centre of mixture. Add buttermilk or Fair Cape Amasi. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until a sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until just smooth.
- Roll on a floured surface to about 2cm thick, use a round cookie cutter to cut the scones about 5 to 6cm.
- Place on baking sheet with baking paper. Brush with extra buttermilk/amasi and bake on 200fan for about 15mins.
- Serve with strawberry jam and Fair Cape fresh cream.
Recipe by: It’s that Lauren @its_that_lauren