Cheese and onion bread
We have enjoyed using the various Fair Cape Dairies products over the past few weeks. If you've watched my stories you would have seen them featured. We have been big fans of Fair Cape Dairies for ages but I have never tried their Amasi so figured that would be a fun one to try for this challenge. Carbs are my love language so I decided on Cheese & Onion Bread. It is perfect to enjoy with a yummy bowl of soup during this storm in Cape Town.
- 500 g Self-raising flour
- 1 packet Brown onion soup
- 500 ml Fair Cape Amasi or Double Cream plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 cup Grated cheese (3/4 for in the mixture and rest for the top)
- Optional: caramelised onion for the top
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add some cheese into the mixture and sprinkle the rest on top.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan @ 180°C for 1 hour.
- Enjoy while warm with butter
It freezes really well if your family doesn't eat it all before you get that far! Recipe by: Life & Lillian @life.and.lillian