Chocolate Amasi Cake
I was challenged by @oursunshinejourney to come up with a #raitionfriendly recipe using one of Fair Cape Dairies products. I'm in love with Amasi, it has sooooo many uses. Today I made Chocolate Cake with Chai Spiced Buttercream Frosting. Chai is my flavour at the moment! This cake is so spongy and moist, just the way cake should be.
- 220 g All-purpose flour
- 65 g Unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 350 g Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Espresso powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil (or canola oil or melted coconut oil)
- 2 Large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Fair Cape Amasi
- 1 cup Freshly brewed strong hot coffee (regular or decaf)
- Blend together wet ingredients with the sugar.
- Sift together dry ingredients, make a well in the dry ingredients, add the wet to dry and fold in.
- Pour Into two greased and lined cake tins and bake on 180 fan for about 20mins or till a stick comes out clean.
- Ice with desired buttercream and layer once cool.
Recipe by: It’s that Lauren @its_that_lauren