Chinese 5-spice and Lemon Chicken
Enjoy this deliciously simple dish that the whole family can enjoy! #rationfriendly
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 125 g Mushrooms, chopped
- Oil/butter for frying
- 4 Chicken Fillets cut into strips or blocks
- Chinese 5-Spice, to taste
- 1-2 cups Fair Cape Plain Yoghurt
- Juice of half a lemon
- Fry your onions and mushrooms in a large pan on medium heat, for about 5 minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Spice your raw chicken with Chinese 5-Spice to taste (I like a whole lot!). Add your chicken pieces and allow to cook quickly for one minute before adding your Fair Cape Plain Yoghurt. The more yoghurt you add, the more sauce you’ll have. I like mine with loads of sauce, so I’ll easily add all the yoghurt. Adapt yours to make it #rationfriendly. You can always add more yoghurt if you feel it’s too little.
- Allow you chicken to cook in the yoghurt for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the lemon juice to help thicken your sauce. (TIP: If your sauce tastes too lemony, add more yoghurt)
- Serve with rice, or pour over pasta!
Recipe by: Mama to the Power of 4 www.mama4.co.za @mama_to_the_power_of_4