Macaroni bites, perfect for the whole family & great for storing in the freezer for the winter evenings. Try out this ...
YES THAT’S RIGHT, COTTON CUPCAKES MADE WITH YOGHURT
We found this delicious Cotton Yoghurt Small Cakes (Cupcakes) on Anncoo journal’s blog. Ann says that these small cakes are yummy as they’re light, moist and soft just like eating chilled cheesecake
Ann Low’s blog is filled with exciting and delicious recipes & when we saw these amazing Cotton Yoghurt Cupcake Cheesecakes, we couldn’t resist sharing it with you to try at home.
- 4 Large eggs, separated
- 200ml Plain Double Cream Yoghurt
- 60g Plain flour/cake flour
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 40g Melted butter
- 75g Caster sugar
- Preheat oven at 150 deg C. Line paper cups in muffin pan.
- In a bowl, stir egg yolks with a hand whisk and pour in yoghurt and stir until combined.
- Sift in half of the flour, stir well gently, followed by the remaining flour, mix well again.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest, mix well. Pour in melted butter and fold well with a rubber spatula.
- Whisk egg whites at low speed till foamy and gradually add in sugar and continue to beat till peak forms at medium speed.
- Fold ⅓ of the egg whites to egg yolk mixtures. Then return the egg yolk mixtures to the meringue and fold well.
- Pour batter into the cupcake cases evenly and gently bang the muffin pan to release air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. *The cakes will puff up and shrink back a little during baking.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and drop 2-3 times on table top to release hot air and leave cakes to cool. Dust with some cocoa powder before serving.
Share & tag us in a photo of your cake and we might feature your photo on our social media pages.